Kappa Alpha Psi – Commitment to community
With more than 721 alumni and collegiate chapters in the United States and across the world, Kappa Alpha Psi is recognized as a major contributor to the advancement of the communities in which we serve.
In July of 2005, Kappa Alpha Psi further demonstrated its commitment to the community by partnering with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital at the 76th Grand Chapter in St. Louis. Please join us as we aim to raise funds for the children battling sickle cell, cancers and other catastrophic diseases at St. Jude.
The Guide Right/Kappa League program demonstrates our commitment to our youth. We need to be the community agent of change through mentorship and leadership development of every young man we reach. Positively shaping a young man’s life today is an investment into tomorrow.
Kappa Alpha Psi believes in meeting all challenges head-on. We are harkening to the call of The Prince Georges County Family Justice Center to take our place in the worthwhile push against domestic violence. Join us in raising funds to ensure the center has all of the necessary resources that advance the cause.
College Park-Sandy Spring (MD) Alumni Chapter
The philanthropic arm of the College Park-Sandy Spring (MD) Alumni is the Kappa Community Development Foundation, Inc. (KCDF). The KCDF funds the Guide Right and Scholarship Programs of the College Park/Sandy Spring (MD) Alumni chapter and is a separate organization controlled by the chapter. The purpose for which the Corporation is formed is exclusively for educational, life skills development, charitable and other similar non-profitable purposes, as contemplated by Section 501© (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
Bowie-Mitchellville (MD) Alumni Chapter
The Bowie/ Mitchellville (MD) Diamond, Inc. (Foundation) is a nonprofit charitable entity that has been granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service as a Section 501(c) 3 organization in the State of Maryland. The Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Bowie-Mitchellville (MD) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated.
Silver Spring (MD) Alumni Chapter
Since October 28, 1972, SSA has maintained a strong presence in Montgomery County, MD, and the surrounding DC metropolitan area. Through various community service, health, and social action programs we continue to live up to our chapter motto “The Top of the Diamond chapter”.We pride ourselves in our involvement with local schools, churches, health organizations, and civic organizations that share our commitment to encourage youth to realize their full potential and promote healthy and thriving communities. Below are just a few of our community outreach and social action programs that we continue to support in conjunction with our chapter’s philanthropic arm, The Metropolitan Kappa Youth foundation:
- Logan’s Run- A 5K to support the awareness and treatment of transverse myelitis
- Annual HBCU College Fair
- Annual Book Award -Every year we give one book award to every high school in Montgomery County
- Adopt a Family- Our community outreach program supports families in need during Christmas and Thanksgiving
- Voter Registration Drives
- St. Jude's Research for children
- Colgate Dental Van Initiative- Offered free dental screenings and recommendations to Elementary Schools in the surrounding area
- Our award-winning Guide Right Program- Leadership development program for young men grades 8-12.
Washington (DC) Alumni Chapter
The Washington Alumni Chapter has established a Community Service and Social Outreach Committee with the Mission and Purpose of meeting that objective.
While taking on the mantra of “We Are Washington” the Community Service and Social Outreach Committee has continuously provided award winning Charitable and Physical support to both Local and National initiatives that promote the wellbeing of the community. Below are just a few of the Community Service and Social Outreach highlights over the last year:
- Provided families throughout Washington, DC with over 250 Turkeys through our Annual Holiday Giving initiative.
- Fundraised and donated over $25K for the St. Jude Children Hospital through its Sunday of Hope Program.
- Volunteered in several Mentoring and Reading Programs throughout the DC Charter and Public School System.
- Volunteered in cleaning the Anacostia River.
- Made charitable donations to organizations East of the River that promoted putting a stop to violence.